Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Boering weekend

Spent the weekend in Trenton gaming with Michael and Daniel. The latter is in Kingston for a few weeks of training so we thought we'd take advantage of the proximity. Amongst our games was Daniel's Boer War set up. It's quite beautiful and apparently this is the first time he's played with this collection (figures and terrain) with a real live human being (canine opponents don't count!). We pulled out an old favourite, Piquet, and tried the Din of Battle 2nd ed. supplement. Some photos below.

Now, if I could just figure out how to post the video of Lieutenant Hoyt giving the briefing for the WWII micro armour game. "Pens down, eyes on me!"
 



 












1 comment:

  1. Great looking game I love this period and just about have my complete collection completed. just a few more units of Boers and some British mounted infantry to finish and we are good to go. We use a home set of rules called Breach Loader and Rifle, which plays very well for the colonial period. Drop me an email and I will send you a copy.

    Regards

    Nathan
    Lonely Gamers Blog

    ReplyDelete